|Job Ref:||204619866||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Port Talbot||Address:||Post Code:||SA12||Salary:||£10/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:15|
GENERAL MACHINIST / TOOLMAKER (DAYS) - Port Talbot £10p/h|
Our Port Talbot based client requires a Time Served General Machinist / Toolmaker to join its operation.
This is a days regular position with a very stable and expanding business offering an immediate start for the right candidate.
• Machining of components to customer specification in single or small batch quantities. Adhering to Health and Safety requirements for self and others at all times.
• Turning of Stainless steel and Nickel Alloys. Screw cutting, Taper turning and boring both internal and external.
• Routine machine maintenance and general housekeeping
• Centre Lathe Turning, Manual Milling and Surface / Cylindrical Grinding experience. (CNC experience an advantage but not essential)
• Manufacture and repair of Power Press and Fly press Tools.
• Manufacture and repair of drill, welding and assembly jigs and fixtures
• Working as a team is essential.
• Completion of paperwork, signing for tasks carried out.
• Must be time served.
• All Machine Shop processes to include soldering and brazing. Knowledge of hardening and tempering.
• Experience of EDM (Desirable)
• Good team ethic.
• Able to work effectively within a team.
• Work for periods without supervision. Ensuring quality standards are met and any deviations reported, acknowledging responsibility for work completed.
• Flexible to work overtime