|Job Ref:||204619705||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Salary:||£55000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:14|
My client design and manufacture a range of large, industrial electro-mechanical products that are used all over the world.|
They currently require an R&D Director - Electro-mech to join their expanding company.
The R&D Director - Electro-mech will be responsible for a team of 25 staff. They're a mix of Mechanical Design Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Projects Engineers and Technicians.
The design team work on a range of projects mainly in 3 key areas:
* Brand new product design
* Amendments to existing products
* Bespoke designs
All products are designed in sheet metal.
You will be responsible for taking projects from concept, through the NPI processes in into manufacture.
Skills and Experience - R&D Director - Electro-mech:
* Technical / design engineer background.
* Good understanding of mechanical design, ideally with sheet metal experience.
* Good understanding of electrical / switchgear design.
* People management, performance management and team building experience.
* Good Project Management ability.
* Able to translate business strategy into R&D strategy and priorities.
You will report into the MD of this site and join their senior management team.
This is a great opportunity to join a modern, well-run company who are investing heavily in R&D.
If you have any specific questions about this R&D Director - Electro-mech job please call David Philpott on 01582 87 88 19. To apply email;
Visit and follow Redline Group