|Job Ref:||204619640||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Enfield||Address:||Post Code:||EN1||Salary:||£40000 - £41000/annum Bonus + Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician (Mechanical Bias)|
Based: Enfield, North London / Middlesex
Salary: Around £40,000 DOE (includes shift allowance) + Bonus & Benefits
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician (Mechanical Bias)
Our client is a world class manufacturer, based in Enfield, Middlesex. They are currently seeking to recruit a mechanically biased Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to join the Maintenance Team at their busy Manufacturing Plant. They are looking for candidates with excellent engineering skills, knowledge and experience of maintaining a wide range of equipment. Applications are invited from maintenance technicians / engineers who have worked in heavy manufacturing and/or high volume, process driven environments (i.e. automotive, chemical, food, agro-chemical, pharmaceutical, refining, or similar).
The purpose of this role (as part of the Maintenance Team) is to safely maintain the diverse range of equipment on site, both planned preventative and corrective, in order to facilitate the smooth and efficient operations of the business.
This role covers a full range of activities, including:
* Carry out mechanical and basic electrical maintenance on site machinery and equipment
* Ensure all facilities and equipment are safe to use by following quality and EHS policies
* Liaise with other members of the Maintenance Team, Maintenance Team Leader, and Production Team Leaders to agree and carry out breakdown, corrective and preventative maintenance
* Facilitate plant modification work as required
* Maintain administrative documents including timesheets, purchase requisitions, etc.
* Testing of equipment and completion of supporting documentation
* Maintenance and testing of boilers and water treatment equipment
* Develop your own Personal Development Plan, including additional skills training, in order to keep up to speed with advances in technology and the changing needs of the business
* Support LEAN implementation
* Assist with the identification and implementation of improvement, cost saving and sustainable opportunities.
This is a challenging role; the successful applicant will be flexible, determined and self-motivated, with experience of shift work. Candidates must have previously carried out maintenance within a process industry and hold a recognised mechanical qualification / completed an engineering apprenticeship. Previous experience of a maintenance management system would be beneficial, as would a fork-lift licence.
Shift patterns: 12 hour shifts operating 24/7. '4 days on, 4 days off'. Shift times and additional information to be confirmed upon application.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply