|Job Ref:||204619612||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hereford||Address:||Post Code:||HR4||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Team Leader |
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire, Ludlow, Leominster
Shift Pattern (4 on - 4 off or 7 day pattern)
My client is a leading supplier of plastic components for the Automotive sector - supplying a range of interior and exterior components.
The main purpose of the job is to:
Make sure that all team members are safe, trained and follow standard procedures.
Lead the team to achieve manufacturing schedules, on time, to the right quality standards and below cost, meeting daily targets and customer demand.
Actively seek for areas of improvement and implement them on a continuous basis.
Encourage the team to identify improvement opportunities.
- Ideally Min 12 months experience in a supervisory role
- Ideally NVQ Level 2 in Business Improvement Techniques
- Team orientated
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flexible (shifts work)
- PC literate
- Forward planning and time management skills
- Able to motivate others
- Remains calm under pressure
WORK AREA SUPERVISION
- Ensure the team meets their daily targets in term of HSE, Quality, Delivery and Performance.
- Ensure the manufacturing plan is complete on time.
- Ensure all parts/components are available for the job.
- Hold the daily shift Team Briefing.
- Keep your Manager informed of any issues and take a proactive approach to problem solving using Lean methodologies.
- Ensure everyone works in line with the Company handbook.
- Ensure everyone is trained to perform the tasks and encourage development to increase competence.
- Ensure everyone respects start ups and break times.
- Ensure all direct activities are captured by the Standard Operation Procedure.
- Audit the Work Instructions, record the findings and implement improvements where required.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the shift to have a handover with the previous Team Leader.
- Perform regular shift patrols.
- Act as a role model and lead by example.
- Support the line in times of sickness/holiday/break cover whenever required.
- Stand in for your Supervisor if required.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure the safety of each person within the work area is in line with the Company Handbook and the area risk assessment.
- Ensure that Safety Glasses, ear protection, wrist protectors, trimming aprons, dust masks and respirators etc., are available and are worn in the areas that they are required in line with the risk assessments.
- Ensure workers are aware of the risk assessments specific to the tasks they are performing.
- Encourage team members to identify opportunities to improve the safety and ergonomics of their work environment.
- Investigate and report all accidents/incidents.
- Hold "back to work interviews" for all absence.
- Support disciplinary meetings wherever required.
- Carry out the time and attendance review.
MATERIAL HANDLING (PART PROTECTION)
- Ensure parts are protected during every stage of the work area operations, preventing damage by stacking, and faulty equipment (jigs nests and fixtures).
- Ensure that damaged stillages, containers and equipment are brought to the attention of the Department Supervisor so that repairs can be organised.
- Ensure that work is performed in line with the Work Instructions and Process Specifications.
- Ensure each Team Member achieves the Quality standards.
- Ensure the Work Instructions are the correct issue level.
- Ensure the escalation process is known to all team members and followed.
WORK AREA HOUSEKEEPING (5S)
- Ensure that the work area layout and housekeeping are in line with the area 5S standard.
- Ensure that the area 5S standards are regularly audited and results recorded.
- Encourage team members to seek for ways of improving 5S standards.
- Ensure TPM plans are followed and updated.
- Ensure all team members are trained to TPM and understand their role.
- Look for ways to improve TPM in your area and implement.
- Work closely with the Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager supporting the Lean culture.
- Actively seek ways to reduce waste and encourage team members to do the same.
- Identify and implement monthly improvement projects resulting in, for example:
• Reduced cycle times, set up times, tool change times
• Reduced/Eliminated waste
• Reduced Non Conformance
• Better 5S standards and work environment
NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION
- Support the development of new products whenever required.
- Work closely with the New Product Engineers and identify areas of opportunities.
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (Apply online only)