|Job Ref:||204618989||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Devon||City:||Newton Abbot||Address:||Post Code:||TQ12||Salary:||£12.21/hour||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
Due to increasing sales, our Client, Centrax Ltd based in Newton Abbot, is looking to recruit experienced Electrical Fitters on a 2-3 month contract to carry out all electrical work necessary to produce Gas Turbine generator sets, related products and special products in accordance with customer's requirements.|
Main duties and responsibilities:
• The review of engineering layout drawings, in relation to their accuracy and compliance with Centrax / national standards. Mark up of drawings and feed back to Electrical engineering.
• Layout of panels and bedplates determining location of equipment to allow for cabling/wiring in the most appropriate manner considering compliance with standards, protection of cables, the location of other equipment, and the minimisation of man-hours.
• Receive kits, expedite any shortages, inspect components for damage and confirm part number. Select appropriate crimps and cable/wires/ glands from bulk issue.
• Check hand tools in use for damage and or deterioration.
• Wiring of Panels and bedplates including interconnecting and test cables for Assembly I&C and Customer Support.
• Wiring with all types of cabling systems including all forms of termination. E.g. MICC,Conduit fixed/Flexible ,and armoured etc.
• Check drawings and wiring to confirm all wires have been installed, identified as required and are correctly located in the correct terminals.
• BTEC National Certificate or City & Guilds - Electrical
• High Voltage Competent Persons Certificate (2 days)
• 17th Edition IEE Regulations
• Electrical Engineering apprenticeship or 5 years related experience.
If you are an experienced Electrical Fitter and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up- to- date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For an informal chat, please phone (Apply online only) and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest