|Job Ref:||204618735||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum competitive||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
I am currently working with an SME in Oxfordshire who are seeking a Development Engineer to join their team on a Permanent basis.|
As a Development Engineer you will have at least 3 years' experience in Product Development.
You'll also have experience in Mechanical Design using CAD packages, Documentation Control and overseeing the design transfer to manufacture.
Your role as a Development Engineer will involve leading Mechanical and Hardware Development, hands-on design, customer support and taking responsibility for the Documentation Control process.
This role will suit someone who is a natural problem solver and has a passion for Science with an Engineering background.
As a Development Engineer, you will have experience across some of the following areas:
* A first degree in a relevant engineering discipline (eg. Mechanical, Electronics, Physics) with experience in engineering
* Experience of engineering development and release into a product (ie Product Life Cycle)
* Over 3 years practical experience in technical product development
* Project Management skills
* Experience of developing instrumentation or analytical equipment would be an advantage.
* Experience in CAD, eg. Solidworks
* Experience of optical systems including lasers and fibres
* Experience of electronics development at board level