|Job Ref:||204618663||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
NRL`s Power client is looking to recruit a Lead Control & Protection Design Engineer on a permanent basis.|
About the role:
- Responsible for the development of pre-contract design and delivery of projects by leading the technical aspects of Network & Plant Protection Systems, Network Automation and Substation Control Systems, Telecommunications Networks and all other associated equipment.
- Perform all duties with and promote internally and externally a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environmental compliance and continuous improvement
- Assess engineering documentation, feasibility and compliance with client requirements and support the preparation of accurate budgets for new projects. Recommend construction and outage programmes where required in relation to control and protection.
- Responsible for preparing control and protection basic and detailed engineering specifications, designs and costs for high value, complex or business critical projects.
- Responsible for providing technical assessment of tender submissions and reporting recommendations to client.
- Define control and protection requirements for input to System Construction Authorisation (SCA), Project Technical Specifications and BETTA documentation.
- Preparation/Review of control and protection drawings and specifications for construction, procurement or other stakeholders.
- Ensure control and protection designs, equipment and construction practices are in accordance with current legislation, policies and operational requirements.
- Lead the technical resolution of site/construction control and protection issues, analyse common faults and prevent re-occurrence
- Tender assessment of control and protection equipment and materials (including suppliers), support to project management on the assessment of bids.
- Provide technical support to the Pre-Contract and Project Delivery teams on matters concerning the design, construction and operation of power systems substations and associated equipment in relation to control and protection
- Preparation of project quality documentation following all company and client quality processes and provide and meet deliverables for PQP`s.
- Drive industry best practice and technological advances within the project team/department.
- Assist with evaluation and apply 'new ideas`, technical developments, new equipment and alternative-working methods to provide cost savings, efficiencies and improved safety.
- Contribute to training needs assessment for new products or similar and the development and delivery of technical, operational and safety packages for such products
- Manage, supervise or mentor less experienced staff within the Dept or Project Team.
- Liaise across global multi disciplinary engineering teams to provide end to end integrated solution.
What you will need:
- Ideally Chartered Engineer
- Degree qualified in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Proven significant experience and knowledge in a responsible position in the area of control and protection
- Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
- Ability to implement, apply and promote CDM and Health & Safety best practice in a design environment
- Ability to represent departments or project teams regarding control and protection engineering issues, decisions, standards or industry best practice.
- Proven experience / expert knowledge in design for transmission networks control and protection engineering at voltages from 33kV to 400kV
- Proven significant experience in delivering control and protection engineering solutions and designs for high value and complex transmission networks construction projects
What`s in it for you:
- A permanent position with a market leader in its field
- A generous salary and benefits package