|Job Ref:||204618543||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum Excellent Company Benefits||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - NORTH MANCHESTER - £30k + CAR/CAR ALLOWANCE + PENSION IS DOUBLE MATCHING CONT UP TO 8% + 25 DAYS HOLIDAYS - LIFE ASS + PMI + FLEXIBLE BENEFITS - LEADING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY - SURVEYING & INSPECTION OF ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS & EQUIPMENT - LEADING PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY - FULL 12 WEEK TRAINING PROGRAM - SUPPORT FURTHER EDUCATION + PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP - AWARD WINNING GLOBAL BUSINESS - MEMBER OF UK TOP EMPLOYERS INSTITUTE - CAREER PROGRESSION|
A world leading professional services company who support businesses with quality & compliance in order to me various industry regulations are looking for Electrical Engineers to carry out high quality electrical inspections ensuring various electrical systems and portable appliances are compliant with current regulatory and statutory requirements to IEE wiring regulations. You will operate within agreed authorities, inspection and H&S standards with a clear customer focus and drive to achieve optimal service delivery.
This unique opportunity gives an experienced engineer who is credible, compliant and customer facing the opportunity to become a fully trained competent engineering surveyor who inspects and tests various industrial equipment at customers sites to industry standards. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a professional role which allows them to be more customer facing with a view to advancing their career and experience with a market leader. They offer a superb training and investment package for all their engineers to ensure that their engineers are of the highest standard in the industry.
Points of appeal:
* Full 12 week intense training course to become competent electrical inspector
* Support all engineers with further education
* Career progression to technical specialist or management
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit individual needs
* Ensure survey's and inspections are carried out within set time scales, in line with planned schedule
* Formulate, produce and distribute inspection reports in a professional manner, within daily timescales and service standards.
* Provide, build and maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that all customer service standards are met.
* Fully utilize all operational systems available, ensuring accurate data is inputted and reflected
* Maintain an awareness of developments in standards and legislation affecting the Engineer Surveyor's discipline and support change as required.
* Operate in line with company's Core Values and Code of Ethics
* Safely Carry Out Electrical Safety Tests On Portable Appliances Within Our Customers Premises In Accordance With The Code Of Practice For In-Service Inspection And Testing Of Electrical Equipment And The Health & Safety @ Work Act 1974.
* Maintain technical standards within business units to meet business plan measures, participating in Technical Competency Testing and Technical Audits (internal and external).
* Work effectively with Area Managers and Regional Directors to ensure all Regions KPI's are met
* Maintain an awareness of developments in standards and legislation affecting Electrical Installations, and support change as required.
* City & Guilds Part 1 and 2 electrical installation.
* A current U.K. driving license.
* Willing to travel if and when required
* Proven experience with demonstrable technical knowledge of inspecting & testing electrical systems and portable appliances in an industrial environment
* Computer literate, with good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to demonstrate and have a clear understanding of Health and Safety
* Either trained to COMPEX standards or worked in an ATEX or Hazardous environment
* Have good knowledge of market, industry trends, developments and changes in legislation.
* Have knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
* H.N.C/H.N.D or equivalent in electrical installation
* City & Guilds 2391 or 2400 courses
* Compex trained
* ATEX / DSEARS experience
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy