|Job Ref:||204618403||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Job Title: Business Development Manager |
Responsible To: Chief Sales Officer
Main Purpose Of The Job: Business Development - New Business
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Assystem is a global engineering and design consultancy with offices in 16 countries employing over 12,000 professionals. The UK division of Assystem offers engineering services, built on a fifty year heritage, to customers in the Civil Nuclear, Naval Nuclear, Fusion Nuclear and Oil and Gas Sectors.
On this rare occasion, we are looking to engage a Business Development Manager to support the Chief Sales Officer and the Head of Business Units throughout the UK.
The Business Development Manager will form part of the Sales team and will report to the Chief Sales Officer, focusing on the development of the Civil Nuclear business with clients such as EDF, BAE, Sellafield, and EPC partner's development. They will be responsible for building on new client and project development and supporting existing relationships and opportunities. Their focus will be clearly on converting the agreed new business opportunities into profitable sales orders for Energy & Infrastructure group.
They will work in conjunction with the Chief Sales Officer and the Head of Business Units to define objectives and target clients, partner opportunities and the wider Sales & Communications team to develop targeted presentations and sales materials.
* Key Client Development within Nuclear sector
* Increase sales orders from UK Civil Nuclear sector
* Achieve of approved supplier status for identified key accounts (or additional ones to be submitted for approval)
* Maintenance and development of key client list database - name, address, locations through CRM (Salesforce) system
* Creation of business opportunity reports
* To identify possible local partners and prepare framework agreements
* Liaise and communicate with the Sales & Communications team on any potential opportunities generated
* Work effectively with clients to ensure repeat business is achieved
* To comply with Assystem policies, procedures and standards
Essential skills and capabilities for the role are:
* Experience within UK Civil Nuclear sector
* Proven business development track record
* Strong Negotiation skills
* Contract and contracting knowledge and experience
* Excellent organisational skills
* Presentation skills
* Strong communication skills
* High level of computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Proactive nature, able to work on your own initiative
Desirable skills and capabilities for the role are:
* Engineering Experience and qualifications preferred but not essential
* Experience of writing proposals or formal business reports
Main Interfaces - Chief Sales Officer
Location - This position can be based at any Assystem office. Travelling to other Assystem offices and Customer sites will be required.
This job description is intended as a guide and does not represent an exhaustive list of tasks.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance