|Job Ref:||204618337||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Boldon Colliery||Address:||Post Code:||NE35||Salary:||£18000 - £22000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Main Functions of the Job:|
Organise and manage all aspects of the job in a tidy and professional manner. All work to be carried out in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, to expected timescales and within all Health and Safety guidelines.
* Clean, prepare and setup vacuum chamber ready for coating cycle
* Clean and prepare Substrates ready for coating and load into Jig
* Operation of high vacuum coating system
* Set up and calculate monitoring wavelengths for Monochromator
* Diagnosing and correcting faults
* Use of Bead Blaster to clean plant parts and jigs
* Recovery of Substrates using acid cleaning techniques
* Use thin film software to produce coating designs
* Set up and use metrology equipment (Spectrophotometer) for testing filters
* Reading and understanding customer drawings and specifications
* Liaise with Team Leader and/or Production Manager on priorities
* Keep detailed and up to date records of all coating cycles and maintenance (PC files, spreadsheets and written)
* Complete Routine Plant Maintenance
Skills / Experience required:
The ideal candidate would be from a manufacturing/coating background and whilst full training will be given in all aspects of the job, some knowledge and an understanding of Thin-film coatings and an appreciation of the spectral range and its constraints would be most beneficial.
The candidate needs to be flexible with an ability to prioritise workloads.
Must be able to use initiative and work independently and be able to demonstrate good communication skills at all levels.
Attention to detail is crucial, in particular interpreting specifications and tolerances applicable to customer drawings and manufacturing requirements.
Computer literate in MS Packages, (in particular Excel & Word)
The candidate should be degree qualified ideally in Physics/Science or Engineering, or have high grades in Mathematics, English, Physics or Science