|Job Ref:||204621719||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:15|
Our Client, has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Dams Civil Engineer to join our team in Buckinghamshire, on a permanent basis. |
The Dams & Hydro Team is expanding and has an opening for a Civil Engineer/Hydraulic Modeller. The role is intended to be focused on dam/hydro engineering projects and will mainly be involved with hydraulics and hydrological modelling, although duties may branch into associated engineering sectors (e.g. structures and economics). There will also be opportunities for the Modeller to contribute to the delivery of dams & hydro projects in the UK and overseas. The successful applicant will be encouraged to acquire professional qualification in due course.
Previous experience in dams and reservoirs is not required, however a background in numerical modelling, programming and scripting would be beneficial as applicants will need to be adept with computers and the manipulation of digital information. Applicants must possess an aptitude for using new technology and learning new software. It is anticipated that the Modeller will make intensive use of GIS and a variety of hydraulic modelling techniques (1D, 2D, 3D, both steady and unsteady).
Applicants should be able to demonstrate some, if not all, of the following attributes:
• Degree qualified in Civil Engineering
• Prior modelling experience.
• Confidence in using mathematical, forecasting and statistical procedures.
• Experience in the use of GIS tools, preferably ArcGIS.
• A good understanding of hydraulics and flow regimes.
• Some experience with unsteady hydraulic and hydrological modelling.
• Experience in manipulating large datasets and interchanging these between formats.
• Some prior experience of basic computer programming.
Specific "on the job" training will be provided however the following additional attributes would be advantageous but are not considered to be pre-requisites:
• Experience with CFD and 3D modelling.
• Knowledge of FSR, FEH and ReFH.
• An appreciation of dam and hydropower engineering in the UK.
A minimum of 3 years work experience is required