|Job Ref:||204621349||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Maidenhead||Address:||Post Code:||SL6||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
My client are one of the UK's leading providers of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) management services, is seeking to recruit an experienced Project Manager (Mechanical & Electrical) to join its expanding team. |
This is an important client facing role within the organisation, working closely with our client teams to provide an extensive range of project management support, commissioning and handover management and facilities management aftercare.
* Responsible for project administration, design, commissioning and handover of projects in various sectors of the construction industry. Undertakes a client facing role in the development and coordination of engineering project services for M&E installations, systems, equipment and facilities.
* Undertake site quality control inspections of mechanical and electrical building services installations, and issue inspection schedules and/or reports.
* Liaise with client representatives and appropriate contractors with respect to inspections and completion of defects.
Review of 3rd party information including:
* Design calculations
* Mechanical and electrical design drawings, and equipment selections/schedules
* Method statements and risk assessments
* Assistance in the preparation of mechanical design information, including liaison with 3rd party designers where appropriate, comprising calculations, drawings, specifications and schedules.
* Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
Undertake Contract Administration duties and Project Management duties to include:
* Chair meetings including preparation of agenda's and meeting minutes
* Report progress against construction programmes
* Assessment and certification of valuations, and payment certification, including contract variations
* Liaison with PQS where applicable
* Preparation of client reports
* Complete project completion documents
Assist with asset management including:
* Production of asset registers and condition reports
* Agree asset tagging methods
* Undertake asset tagging
* Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
* Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
* Commissioning management including dilapidation surveys and testing
* Validation and checking of, tender and contractual documentation
The successful applicant will possess the following professional and technical expertise:
* Knowledge of Mechanical Services installation. Some design knowledge preferred.
* Working knowledge of Electrical Services an advantage.
* MCIBSE/IMechE or HNC/HND + appropriate experience or equivalent
* Knowledge of Contracts(MF/1 and JCT typically) would be useful
If you are a Mechanical Project Engineer/Manager looking to progress your career and looking for an exciting new opportunity then please apply via this advert or contact Phil Graham at the London office on (Apply online only).
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website