|Job Ref:||204618101||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
Regional QC / Commissioning Manager |
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, they have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of their workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Their values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything they do.
Position: Regional QC / Commissioning Manager
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Job type: Full time, Permanent
About the Role:
Currently we are looking employ a Regional Commissioning Manager from either an Electrical or Mechanical bias to join our Midlands Engineering team in Birmingham. We have amazing portfolio of Commercial Developments, Hospitals, Factories, Mixed Use Developments, Schools and Major Rail projects across the Midlands.
The role will involve leading a small team on all Commissioning related tasks on our major projects to ensure projects are delivered against the client`s specifications and that work is delivered on schedule.
Reporting to the Regional Design and Engineering Manager by ensuring that a planned, programmed, auditable and structured approach to the commissioning and QC process is carried out to the highest standards, making sure the installed building services operate in accordance with the design intent. Working in conjunction with the design and development managers in driving a right first time and cultural change around quality.
- Manage the QC and commissioning function within the region.
- Appraise scheme designs for commission-ability. Undertake commissioning reviews of the developing design and installation drawing in conjunction with the designer.
- Review maintainability of systems and equipment.
- Take responsibility for the production and / or management of the commissioning plan and commissioning specification (where applicable). Support the programming and planning of commissioning activities via the use of the project team.
- Ensure NG Bailey design and commissioning procedures are fully adhered to. Ensure projects have produced an appropriate commissioning g plan and inspection and test plan to meet project specification / requirements.
- Assist in the procurement of a commissioning specialist.
- Work closely with the design team, project management and the quality control Engineers.
- Co-ordinate the work of specialist commissioning activities i.e. fire & security, alarms, pipework flushing and cleaning, biomass boilers, chillers, pressurisation units, BMS systems etc.
- Oversee and witness commissioning undertaken. Witness commissioning results.
- Manage the M&E snagging and resolution of defects via the project team.
- Co-ordinate handover documentation with the project team.
- Previous experience in building services installation with previous experience of commissioning (Essential).
- F-Gas regulations - Desirable.
- Gas Safe - Desirable.
- NICEIC - Desirable.
- CIBSE or IET - Desirable.
- Commissioning Services Association Qualification - Desirable.
- I Eng. - Desirable.
You may have experience of the following: Commissioning Manager, Quality Control, Engineering, BMS Systems, M&E, CIBSE, IET, QC Manager, Building Services, QC, Commissioning, Gas Safe, Project Management etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications