|Job Ref:||204618083||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Haverhill||Address:||Post Code:||CB9||Salary:||£28000/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
Projects Engineer - Haverhill - Permanent circa £28,000 but negotiable for the right person|
We are on the search for a Projects Engineer for our clients ALP Ducting department, based in Haverhill. The main purpose of this role is to meet the customer service expectations, through the effective management of this department, from layout drawing generation through production and finally to dispatch.
You will have project management experience and come from an engineering background within a multi-disciplined design and manufacturing "make to order" environment. Customer service is paramount to our client's business and therefore we would expect you to have experience of working to demanding customer service levels.
You will be responsible for the successful management and completion of all ALP ducting manufacturing. This is an exciting opportunity to get in at the grass roots level of a rapidly expanding part of our client's business on supplying a very innovative but proven integrally insulated ventilation ducting product.
* Translate field engineers and customer's drawings and design data into component manufacturing drawings and cutting information where applicable
* Plan and organise resources to meet the day-to-day manufacturing schedules and the requirements of customers
* Achieve quality and consistency in production through effective and hands-on management
* Drive production efficiency improvement through optimisation of resources and through high levels of workforce motivation
* Assure compliance with all relevant legislation and participate on the Company's Health and Safety, BSEN ISO 9001 and BSEN ISO 9004 procedures and/or committees
* Recommend and initiate best practice through the ongoing research of modern applications engineering, production, and warehousing and distribution techniques
* Assist the Operations Director in the implementation of a strategy for the continuous improvement of customer service within the engineering and production of the ALP Ventilation Ducting
* Build strong relationships and engage with all relevant Departments, Sites and Divisions whilst ensuring that good communication is maintained at all levels
* Assume responsibility for the Haverhill Ducting operation in the absence of the Operations Director.
* You must be able to demonstrate that you have experience of Project Management
* Relevant engineering experience and/or qualification
* Have working knowledge of DW144
* Materials and component procurement
* Stock Control
* Production Scheduling
* Knowledge of the construction industry
If you have experience that you feel will enable you to carry out and drive this position, then please forward your CV in Word Format to