|Job Ref:||204617903||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:15|
LOCATION:Orkney, Shetland, Boyndie, Aberdeen & Lewis
Enercon Services have an exciting opportunity for a new Area Manager to join our company in the North East part of Scotland.
ENERCON Services UK Ltd began in 2005. Today there are over 800 operational ENERCON turbines across the United Kingdom.
As the Area Manager you will be responsible for ensuring work is planned & carried out in the most efficient way possible. For this position it is essential you are able to travel round the UK on a regularly basis. You will be based from a pre-agreed Service Station. The position involves frequent daily telephone calls to technicians within the specified area and around the UK. Therefore you must have excellent logistical, geographical and technical awareness for supporting technicians and other members of staff.
Main Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Responsible for ensuring work is planned and carried out in the most efficient way
- Manage the introduction of new employees and their training plan; liaise with the training administrator. Ensure that employees are fully skilled and enhance their skills throughout their ENERCON employment
- Continually work towards achieving the set KPI targets as dictated by the Service Manager or Managing Director e.g.
- Work towards ensuring availability at 98% or higher
- Response times to WEC problems is limited to a maximum of 8 hours
- Develop team mentality to provide a 'first time fix`
- Assist management in the implementation, monitoring & reviewing of ENERCON WTSR & ETSR
- Attend customer meetings when requested
- Conduct Site Inspections & Audits
- Discuss directly with in house support technicians improvements regarding their remote support provision
- Approve and plan the employees leave & training in collaboration with dispatchers, to ensure productivity is not affected
- Conduct employee appraisals and back to work interviews as and when required
- Approve requisitions, for tools etc.
- Maintain good awareness of existing and new TSI`s
- Suggest improvements to senior managers and take action when employees do not comply with safety instructions and procedures
- Ensure that safety equipment of employees is used/checked and that applicable standards and routines are met
- Provide ongoing support and improvements to the business and employees
Although the daily work instructions are not given to the Areas by the Area Manager, it is expected that you will effectively and professionally supervise subordinates when necessary whilst mentoring, developing and providing training if required. You will work closely with Head Office and ensure a solid link is maintained between Head Office and the technicians.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Level 3 technical qualifications in Mechanical and/or Electrical.
- Ideally HNC/HND Engineering or similar Management/Supervisory qualification.
- You will ideally be working in a supervisory role, have working knowledge or best practice in managing people, some employment law understanding would be advantageous.
Salary will be dependent on experience and we offer superb benefits. To apply for the position of Area Manager, please state your salary expectations, notice and availability. Renewable energy is the future. Apply today for your tomorrow.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community