|Job Ref:||204617685||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:15|
Quantity Surveyor |
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, they have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of their workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Their values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything they do.
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Job type: Full time, Permanent
About the Role:
Due to recent internal promotions we are looking to employ a Quantity Surveyor from a Building Services background either Mechanical or an Electrical bias to join our Reading branch at the heart of the Southern Home Counties.
The role will involve supporting our Senior Quantity Surveyor on a variety of multi-million pound Commercial and Defence projects in the South East. Most of the work will involve sub contract management for key projects in the area; thus individuals with a solid sub contract management background would be ideal for this role.
The Quantity Surveyor will provide commercial support including assisting in developing commercial strategy for specific project`s by maintaining and maximising the profitability of the project`s, through timely requests for payment, minimising of cost including sub-contractor, agreement of variations, securing of payments at the appropriate time and accurate reporting.
- Comply with the company`s Health and Safety standards ensuring that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities relating to the activities they complete.
- Understanding of contract terms for projects and specific risks this may place upon NG Bailey, prior to any agreement of contract / amendments and ensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project. Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations throughout the project in order to mitigate and protect from risk.
- Capable of preparing and submitting applications for payment or invoices on time with appropriate substantiation of CE`s / Variations with minimal supervision.
- In conjunction with SQS or Commercial Manager manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement.
- Demonstrates the capability to understand and operate the current cash flow and payment mechanics of a contract.
- Liaising with relevant operational management to have a continual understanding as to status of projects with respect to; applications, certifications, payment received, timeliness of delivery, quality of delivery and tender allowances and be able to demonstrate that records are available under audit.
- To assist the operational teams to monitor and control progress, ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, sales declared and consequently profit declared. Demonstrates a full understanding of cost reporting and the need for it.
- In conjunction with Commercial Manager / SQS and operational management, demonstrates negotiation skills to settle project account with Client at a level that does not negatively impact internally declared sales.
- Demonstrates and understanding of M & E systems and be capable of being given a set of information and be able to understand the cost impact of that information. Capable of pricing and agreeing variations.
- Shows good interpersonal skills and be able to manage own time and begin to manage other staff e.g. TQS / AQS.
You may have experience of the following: Quantity Surveyor, Surveying, Construction, Project Management, Graduate Quantity Surveyor, Mechanical, Electrical, RICS, Project Manager, Quantity Surveying etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications