|Job Ref:||204617610||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£350 - £450/day Negotiable||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:15|
My client are looking for a Civil Design Engineer to work in their busy design department. The role is a varied and challenging one with early responsibility on a variety of civil and rail infrastructure projects.|
Civil Design Engineer
Location: Elstree (North London)
Rate c£400 per day
12 months +
My client are looking for a Civil Design Engineer to work in their busy design department. The role is a varied and challenging one with early responsibility on a variety of civil and rail infrastructure projects.
My Client is part of a large Group which are Design and Build Contractors offering the opportunity to work on a variety of projects mainly centered around infrastructure and utilities. Working in a busy team of 20 Civil and Electrical Engineers, CAD Operators and Administrators you will need to be able to manage an extensive workload, work to the processes defined within the department and work as a member of the design team. The role would suit a Civil Engineer currently working within a consultant engineer who is looking to progress and develop their skills in design and in close liaison with Construction teams.
The role includes the production of designs, calculations, site visit, details, specifications, risk assessments and technical drawings for rail infrastructure construction reporting to the senior electrical engineer.
- Utilisation of Civil Design experience over a wide range of Civil Disciplines to secure Design Approvals
- Presentation of drawings and proposals and justification of design decisions to client in clear manner
- Integration with other team disciplines to provide a workable design
- Provision of Design Risk Assessments , evidence of Safety by Design capability
- Adherence to procedures within the department
- Work effectively with internal design team to produce and check designs effectively
- Management of Design process through TQ's , Change Management Forms etc
- Monitoring programme and costs.
- Manage client requirements and attend the client meetings.
- be accountable for project performance.
- Has a level of empathy with the customer/client and builds good relationship with them.
- Promote health and safety throughout their role in accordance with the safety responsibility statement.
- Any other duties which are appropriate to the success of the business.
Knowledge & key skills
- Experience 3-5 years post graduate knowledge
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Working knowledge of civil engineering contracts and construction techniques
- Client facing experience
- Carry out site visits and work with other designers
- The ability to identify problems and to react quickly & successfully is a major job component
- CAD Capability
- Experience of managing multiples workstreams
- Masters Degree in Civil Engineering working towards chartership.
- Experience in temporary works designs
Reports to: Head of Technical Services
For an informal discussion please feel free to contact Adam Razzell at ARM on (Apply online only) or Email your CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions