|Job Ref:||204617305||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||West Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||WF17||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Plus Pension and Bonus||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:15|
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer for a Lead Engineer / Team Lead / Design Manager type role, for a company in West Yorkshire. |
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineer to take that next step to a Team Leader position. Or a person already in that type of position to make a move to a worldwide organisation and develop their skills further.
The main purpose of the role is to work as a team leader of a small Development/Application Engineering Team. Engaged in the design and technical application support of special purpose machines fitted to commercial vehicles.
The work will involve design and optimisation around existing products and support of multi-site based NPD work for ancillary equipment related to these products.
• Designs modifications and improvements around existing product line. Produces designs, complex layouts, assemblies and detail parts list drawings on the 3D CAD system and generates associated bills of material. Ensures designs support cost effectiveness.
• Use of design tools such as DFMA and FMEA as necessary
• Develops project timelines and product cost comparisons, selects materials, commercial parts and technical data.
• Prepare design solutions, schemes and models to agreed specifications
• Produce manufacturing drawings and models of components and products
• Liaise with global Design & Development staff allocated to jobs and projects
• Visit suppliers and customers as necessary
• Bachelors (Masters) in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent with relevant experience)
• Manufacturing methods/production engineering
• CAD user with experience of 2D and 3D CAD (Inventor Ideally) but open to other package experience
• Design of complex castings and mechanisms
• Design of gearboxes and gear drives
• Design of rotating equipment
• Experience of Automotive Business & Factory Integration processes
• Principle VA/VE experiences
This is an amazing company to work for with great benefits and a really rewarding package.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click apply and I will get in touch to discuss the opportunity in more detail