|Job Ref:||204617168||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:15|
Senior Quantity Surveyor |
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, they have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of their workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Their values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything they do.
Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Job type: Full time, Permanent
About the Role:
Currently we are looking employ a Senior Quantity Surveyor from a Building Services background either Mechanical or an Electrical bias to join our Reading branch at the heart of the Southern Home Counties.
The role will involve supporting our Commercial Manager on a variety of Commercial and Defence projects in the South East. Most of the work will involve sub contract management for key projects in the area; thus individuals with a solid sub contract management background would be ideal for this role. The position offers Line Management responsibilities and the prospect for an early promotion if you can demonstrate Commercial Management abilities.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor provide commercial support including assisting in developing commercial strategy for specific project`s by maintaining and maximising the profitability of the project`s, through timely requests for payment, minimising of cost including sub-contractor, agreement of variations, securing of payments at the appropriate time and accurate reporting.
- Comply with the company`s Health and Safety standards ensuring that the safety first and foremost message is visible and alive throughout all activities relating to the activities they complete.
- Understanding and negotiation of contract terms for projects and specific risks this may place upon NG Bailey, prior to any agreement of contract / amendments and ensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project. Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations throughout the project in order to mitigate and protect from risk. Presents to operational teams the risks and T`s & C`s.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of applications for payment or invoices on time with appropriate substantiation of CE`s / Variations.
- Ensure appropriate subcontract documentation is produced and issued in line with company procedures and manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement.
- Production of cash flows and ensure payments are administered in line with the contract ensuring protection to the business.
- Liaising with relevant operational management to have a continual understanding as to status of projects with respect to; applications, certifications, payment received, timeliness of delivery, quality of delivery and tender allowances. Ensure the standard filling system is in place and available with all relevant information.
- Ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, sales declared and consequently profit declared. Able to present clear reports.
- In accordance with the delegated authorities matrix and consultation with appropriate operational management, prepare on a progressive basis and settle project account with Client at a level that does not negatively impact internally declared sales and settle Subcontractors accounts within internally declared allowances.
- Can demonstrate a full understanding M & E systems and installations.
- Able to communicate effectively and able to manage the training requirements for.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Quantity Surveyor, Surveying, Construction, Project Management, Quantity Surveyor, Mechanical, Electrical, RICS, Project Manager, Quantity Surveying etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications