|Job Ref:||204619245||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Great Yarmouth||Address:||Post Code:||NR30||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:16|
Sales Manager - Control Systems|
My client who specialises in technical solutions and services to the global energy industry has a current opportunity for a Sales Manager to join the Control Systems part of the business. The purpose of the role is to primarily assist with maintaining the current level of business and aid growth, by identifying, creating and maintaining business opportunities for the company's current controls business
Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
* Promote the company Controls Systems business product lines, and improve market awareness of its topside & subsea capabilities and products to achieve growth in revenue, profit and market share.
* Publicise complete product and services portfolio to the industry and align the business with the clients/projects requirements.
* Maintain appropriate processes to identify market potential and identify prospects and leads for growth in sales revenue and turn the leads into firm enquiries and orders. Ensure that the opportunity pipeline coverage is adequate to meet the revenue goals of the business as a result of conversion.
* Define tactical technical and commercial go-forward plans and forward strategies with the Head of Sales.
* Define areas in the market to build niche solutions, actively target and seek new projects and opportunities.
* Establish and maintain contact with the appropriate development, engineering and purchasing staff employed by operators/the client within the business market area.
* Develop and grow market share by targeting key projects, the project decision makers/senior engineering staff, and convert through technical and commercial work to Purchase Orders.
* Compile Customer visit reports and business development reports on a regular basis.
* Gather information for, and pro-actively contribute to, the processes of business planning and compiling the annual budgets.
* Contribute to the preparation and compilation of the commercial content of documents relating to pre-qualifications, quotations and tenders in readiness for timely submission in an accurate and professionally presented manner. This will be carried out in conjunction with the Proposals Manager/Head of Sales, Sales.
* Monitor and report on competitor and operator activity.
* Represent the business as necessary at client meetings, technical seminars, etc. and contribute to various Sales/Marketing events, exhibitions, promotions and literature as required.
* Focal point for membership of industry bodies/committees for information and networking opportunities.
The ability to build relations and challenge convention through imaginative thinking and ambition are paramount to the success of this role. The post holder will challenge the market and the business by demonstrating a competitive mind set and energy to drive the controls sales agenda.
* Proven track record in a sales/business development role with a technical background, subsea experience preferred.
* Ability to develop, maintain and communicate strategic sales growth plans.
* Good commercial awareness.
* Excellent communication skills at all levels, both oral and written with the ability to generate and deliver presentations to the company and client personnel.
* Ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Flexible with working hours as working outside normal working hours of business will be required occasionally.
* Keyboard/computer skills with the ability to use all Microsoft products.
* Customer key account management experience.
* Experience with Control Systems
* Knowledge of competitive tenders/bidding.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering Recruitment Company based in Norfolk