|Job Ref:||38584||Employer:||Goodrich||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Oakville||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 05:06|
This position is a 6-8 month contract with possibility of renewal.|
The International Trade Compliance team member will support our Canadian operations from the Oakville and Burlington sites, as follows:
• Primarily responsible for the import activities into Canada for our Goodrich Landing Systems (UTAS) business
• Manage and direct the import compliance initiatives across our business and assist with the draft, review, training, and implementation of international trade compliance regulations, policies, procedures, and audit programs, in alignment with UTC/UTAS corporate initiatives.
• Provide support and guidance on exports, as required (DFAIT, CGD, ITAR, & EAR)
• Use the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (of the United States as well the international version), apply the General Rules of Interpretation (GRI's), Section and Chapter Notes and Explanatory Notes, to assign HTS classifications
• Interact with engineers, product / program managers, buyers and supply chain teams to secure information necessary to accurately classify imported parts, components, and products
• Determine whether other government agency requirements are applicable to imported /exported products (e.g. FCC, FDA, TSCA, BATF)
• Coordinate and communicate with company personnel and customs brokers to avoid delays associated with the clearance of imported goods
• Respond to daily inquiries from customs brokers regarding IOR, COO, OGA ('Other Government Agency'), ADD/CVD, and delivery of imported merchandise
• Partial after-hours and weekend support to clear shipments from Customs (to be handled from home, using VPN connection and mobile phone)
• Audit customs' entries to ensure the accuracy and completeness of information submitted to CBSA / USCBP and submit post summary corrections, as needed
• Perform periodic export documentation audits
• Be the SME and provide assistance and guidance to site personnel on customs / import compliance issues
• Conduct periodic customs / import compliance training
• Support implementation of ITC Procedures and Standard Work at the two sites
• Support ITC Investigations Team, perform root-cause analysis, draft Voluntary Disclosures, and implement corrective actions for customs and / or ITC escapes
• Review business practices, create and / or update ITC work instructions, as needed; maintain and utilize the Business Policy Matrix (BPM) tool for the site to identify compliance gaps, prescribe required corrective actions, and oversee their rapid implementation
• Lead Site ITC Council Meetings and report implementation status to Site Manager and ITC leadership
• Provide guidance to site functional group teams on visitor management, technical data marking, logging, and other administrative requirements to support ITC compliance
• Canadian Customs Broker License accreditation ("CSCB") and/or Certified Customs Specialist designation ("CCS"), and prior hands-on experience in import operations (3 -5 years)
• BS / BA degree, or College Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Thorough knowledge of the Canada Customs Act, and comprehensive understanding of procedures regarding CBSA and USCBP
• Proficiency in various MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Uncompromising emphasis on customer-focused improvements, teamwork, accountability, openness, trust, and ethical behavior
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following qualifications:
• Experience in a multi-national, high-tech business environment, especially aerospace sector
• Additional, hands-on experience in global logistics operations
• Familiarity with Canadian Controlled Goods, ECL, ITAR, EAR, and other countries' laws and regulations governing international trade
• Hands-on experience with SAP - GTS
Please answer the following questions below to be considered for the position:
1. Do you have minimum 3 years of relevant experience in handling Canadian and US customs requirements, especially relating to imports ?
2. Do you have a comprehensive understanding of procedures regarding CBSA and US Customs ?
3. Are you accountable for administering and monitoring NAFTA and similar programs ?
4. Are you a licensed customs specialist or broker ?
5. Are you responsible for administering Canadian Controlled Goods and / or export licensing programs for an organization ?
6. Do you possess the capacity to grow with the demands of the job ?