The Director, Programmatic and Regional Ad Sales will be leading the national programmatic sales initiative as well as key account sales in the Eastern Region. This individual will be responsible for generating digital advertising revenue, cultivating long-term strategic partnerships, and increasing marketplace visibility/stature for Synacor, Media. Reporting to the SVP, Online Advertising Sales & Operations in NY, s/he will be expected to exceed advertising revenue goals by providing internal/external leadership and strategic digital advertising solutions designed to maximize customer objectives/goals.
- Strategic leadership and development of national programmatic direct sales initiatives
- Build strong relationships with senior personnel at key/targeted agency trading desks within major ad agencies (as well as select DSP's and other demand sources) across the US
- Collaborate with Synacor ad operations, agency trading desks and other demand partners to develop ad products that can scale/generate meaningful revenue/increase yield
- Collaborate with sales management & ad ops to create PMP inventory packaging and pricing strategies
- Work with (and train) Synacor direct sellers to insure we balance and maximize traditional direct and programmatic direct sales channels
- Identify specific target accounts to maximize programmatic direct ad sales opportunities
- Develop a short/longer term revenue plan based on the targeted agencies and specific clients
- Achieve quarterly and annual Programmatic Direct revenue goals
- This senior sales individual will also have a “general” account list in the East and a separate quota in 2017 to drive large, strategic direct deals
- Online media sales experience- Minimum 5-10 years of online sales/sales management with both traditional and programmatic sales channels, with a proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales goals and driving significant revenue growth.
- Broad and diverse online category advertising sales experience required - digital media sales to consumer packaged goods, retail, financial, auto, and pharmaceutical clients/ad agencies is preferred. Possess established client contacts and relationships to accelerate revenue growth.
- Consultative sales experience required - the ideal candidate will have experience with both agency and client-direct sales, and be highly successful at the consultative sales process. Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management of prospect organizations
- Creative and strategic thinking skills a must - the position is charged with building strategic, long-term partnerships with major brand marketers. Demonstrate your ability to develop creative sponsorships and integrated marketing packages that will help brands achieve their strategic goals.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - must be able to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines. Manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills as well as outstanding people skills. Self motivated to support and motivate others , and excellent self-management skills
- Excellent Computer Skills required. MS Office and Internet.
- BA/ BS or its equivalent is required