|Job Ref:||EMP374739||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Automotive||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gaydon||Address:||Post Code:||CV35||Salary:||£35,000 - £38,000/year||Post Date:||26/10/2016 21:30|
NVH Engineer will support new platform creation, vehicle, module and component development from initial design through digital and vehicle sign-off and manufacture.|
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
First and foremost you must strive for NVH excellence. Elimination or mitigation through good design all NVH error states. As NVH Engineer you will have a specialist interest in whole vehicle refinement responsible for the following tasks:
• Lead all Exterior noise emissions development, testing and Certification.
• Project manage AM534 M1 DVP; Acoustic Pack, roof OSQ, wind and road NVH. Identify gaps to target, root cause clarification and change management with support from the NVH team. Follow-up resolution with PMSTs.
• Establish NVH framework for future all-electric Aston Martin products using RapideE project as laboratory; including AML Brand e-Sound Character and auxiliary OSQ.
• Support NVH development for product life cycles. Continuous development of NVH performance.
• Lead VAE TDC activity. Support identification of new opportunities, including BoM and process. Update progress tracker.
• Additional tasks may be added depending on skills of the applicant.
General duties may also include:
• Carry out vehicle, module and component level benchmarking and support target definition for future programmes with internal and external parties.
• Develop upon existing methodology, guidelines and processes to support the design, development, and manufacture.
• Carry out contribution and sensitivity analysis for issues to assure target sign-off.
• Support NVH team activities; attend Programme Module Steering Team (PMST) meetings; report, discuss and help resolution of NVH related Concerns.
• Support NVH teams as required including, Powertrain, Body and Chassis roles.
• Support internal and external component, buck, vehicle & environmental tests.
• Liaise with suppliers, PMSTs, New Model Launch (NML), Current Vehicle Engineering (CVE), Press Garage (MVEC) and virtual series (VS) teams to share NVH issue knowledge, develop lessons learnt and improve current vehicle line-up from conception to customer and to achieve all requirements / targets.
• Follow Aston Martin Programme Control System (MISSION) process and ensure all required information and actions are completed within requested time.
• Development of various tracking systems and documents for logging, analysing and presenting new NVH issues.
The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate should be degree qualified, preferably with NVH content, or working towards an equivalent qualification.
Overall vehicle & build knowledge is essential, considerable practical experience of AML products would support application in lieu of formal qualifications.
A good understanding of general NVH is essential.
A good understanding of design guidelines for Squeak and Rattle and / or Wind Noise mitigation; test, development, and verification requirements; plus manufacturing process and verification.
Min 5 year automotive experience ideally in NVH development - Squeak and Rattle and / or Wind Noise mitigation.
Experience of working in NVH test environment.
Subjective evaluation of vehicle attributes.
Ability to process, analysis and report test data, use of Excel & Powerpoint
Good knowledge and mentality on problem solving process (e.g. 8D, 6 sigma).
Knowledge on MISSION or equivalent product creation process (GPDS, NPI).
Knowledge of LMS NA, HEAD ArtemiS, GFai Acoustic Camera Noise Image.
A proactive approach to problem solving and vehicle attribute improvement.
Ability to work confidently alone or as part of a team.
Good communication skill with various departments and management levels.
Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs.
Competent in all Microsoft Office toolset
Competence in use of Teamcentre vis toolset to support issue resolution with CAD.
Ability to work additional hours to get the job done, either during the week or weekends.
Drive permit from OEM’s or equivalent is desirable.