|Job Ref:||EMP374758||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||Address:||Salary:||Up to £50,000/year||Post Date:||05/10/2016 21:30|
Our client is currently looking for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to work in their Cumbria office that has well-rounded geotechnical design experience and has worked on a wide portfolio of schemes. |
Well-rounded geotechnical design experience
The Cumbria office has a unique multidisciplinary team all under one roof; with the Environmental team working closely with the Engineering team to deliver projects successfully on time and on budget. The disciplines in Cumbria include, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Bridge Engineering, Ecology, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Impact Assessments and Countryside Management.
What you will do:
• Ground investigation design and implementation
• Geotechnical calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
• Overseeing and participating in the resolution of technical issues
• Complying with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice promoting a culture of safety within the team
• Managing selected projects or components of projects and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
• Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
• Providing technical input to projects and technical advice to project team members
• Working alongside the Geotechnical Team Leader to oversee inputs of more junior staff to the planning investigation, design, construction and post construction monitoring of geotechnical aspects of projects
• Building relationships with clients on projects
• Undertaking technical reviews and checking
• Liaising with contractors and clients, both external and internal
• Technical assistance on bids and proposals
Your experience/Qualifications will include:
• Post Graduate degree in a related discipline
• Chartered with a relevant body
• Well-rounded geotechnical design experience including foundations (shallow and piled), retaining walls and slope stability assessments in soil and rock
• Extensive post graduate experience in most aspects of geotechnical projects, including planning, supervising and designing elements of a project, together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects.
• Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation.
• Fully familiar with MS Word, Excel, etc.
• Experience in the use of routine geotechnical analysis programs such as Slope/W SEEP/W SIGMA/W HoleBASE AutoCAD, Dips.
• Good motivational and people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients particularly regarding technical issues.
• Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
• A willingness to undertake training and development when required
• Experience of preparation of contract documents and contract administration for geotechnical engineering projects, including NEC contracts.
• Knowledge of analysis and remediation of contaminated land is desirable
A full UK driving license is required.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK