|Job Ref:||EMP374761||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Mansfield||Address:||Post Code:||NG18||Salary:||£30,000 - £35,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
Are you an experienced Research and Development scientist or engineer who wants to develop new technologies to help resolve the impacts of mining? If so, this is a great opportunity to use your skills and expertise to help my client deliver its innovative R&D programme.|
Experience of R&D project management, including budgetary management and forecasting
This is an exciting and challenging role within the Technical team of our Environment Department. The role will involve managing a diverse range of projects across the my client's R&D programme including Mine Water Treatment, Public Safety & Subsidence and our Innovation programme. You will be expected to work with a range of partners and stakeholders including Universities, Water Companies, Regulators, Consultants and Contractors.
The Environment Department is responsible for addressing the issues of water pollution from abandoned coal and metal mines across Britain by developing new schemes and supporting the operation of over 70 existing mine water treatment schemes. It is made up of 4 teams – Technical, Contracts, Projects and Innovation.
• a suitable degree (or equivalent qualification/experience) in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline and possibly postgraduate research qualifications
• experience of R&D project management, including budgetary management and forecasting
• a track record of successful delivery in an academic or industrial research environment
• strong organisational skills and an eye for detail
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
• an ability to manage and prioritise a diverse and challenging portfolio of activities
• managing R&D projects or contributing to them by providing specialist scientific or analytical skills in your area of expertise.
• supporting the Technical R&D manager to coordinate my client's R&D programme
• providing technical advice in your area of expertise to operational and project managers
• representing us at national and international conferences and project meetings
• identifying and developing new R&D opportunities