Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that's shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it's our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. |
On behalf of our customers we are responsible within Services Execution for the maintenance and safe delivery of trains into service on a daily basis from our Fleet Maintenance Depots. Integral to the success of our Business in defining the correct strategy, and working with all parts of the Supporting Functions to ensure the smooth running of our Fleet Maintenance Depots. We are also working closely with our customers to reduce costs to maximise the train life cycle through remote based monitoring.
We are currently looking to recruit a Field Maintenance Engineering Manager (m/f) based in East Ham depot -London, United Kingdom.
The Field Maintenance Engineering Manager will be an integral part of the Project Core Team. With safety as a key objective he/she will be responsible to provide safe and reliable trains into service, in line with the current safety cases. He/she will ensure engineering support is provided to the product/platform/project and customer and will handle the adequate resourcing of the projects. The Field Maintenance Engineering Manager will manage a team of Field Maintenance Engineers (the Engineering team responsible for all engineering issues except the first level of support in Depot).
Develop and assure engineering solutions and activity to meet the customer and contractual requirements as part of the safety case and train presentation
Support the identification and delivery of reliability improvements to meet contractual reliability targets
- Manage the engineering team across the project/platform to ensure all engineering projects are supported adequately and the Project Management function are supported.
- Manage product safety and associated activity, including governance and project delivery and reporting.
- CAPD & ROP are clearly managed to support and give clarity to all project requirements.
- Support the depot operational team with incident management and reliability management activity.
- Fleet & Safety Check development and engagement with operational teams on execution and governance.
- Manage interface at project level with the Fleet Support Engineering Function (team comprised of System Engineers for Modification Development)
- Principal interface with customer for engineering activity at project core team level.
Improve the current maintenance regime looking for opportunities to reduce costs whilst keeping the full integrity and safety of train operations.
- Use available resource to identify key reliability improvements to the fleet. Avoiding the mind-set for additional and none valued maintenance and modifications.
- Use the tools available and implement effective problem solving, embed problem solving approach in organisation and activity.
- Use and support plan-do-check-act (PDCA) reporting.
- Work in partnership with Fleet Support Engineering in reliability process development.
- Underwrite the reliability processes at site/ core team level.
- Develop team members and processes
- Manage own budget in an efficient manner
- Identifying work packages and define scope and measurement.
- Support and lead engineering PCP idea generation for additional cost savings.
- Work with maintenance development team to realise opportunities.
- Work with Fleet Support Engineering on projects to optimise standard activity. Objective to maintain integrity and configuration minimising operational costs. Example manuals and modification development.
The Field Maintenance Engineering Manager role will be reporting into the UK Field Maintenance Engineering Organisation .
- Build engineering organisational capability using all HR available processes, procedures and tools including: Selection and Recruitment, Performance Management, Development Plans, Talent Management, Succession Planning.
- Identify and reduce the waste within the engineering department and use the resources available to make the required savings.
- Responsible for the employee engagement and delivering action plans that make a more effective and transparent work place
- Chartered Engineer, member of an approved UK Engineering institution
- Strong working experience in the railway industry, in management of maintenance and overhaul of equipment with safety critical systems
- Good experience with cash management and customer relationship management
- Proven track record of successful start and completion of a project
- Very good customer orientation abilities, coupled with a strong focus on team development
- Availability to travel and work on different depot locations, if needed
- Fluent in English.
This role is focused around the management of key areas in the business: Product Safety, Reliability, Cash, People and Projects. We thank all our applicants for their interest, nevertheless, only those considered a good fit with the role will be contacted.
Posting date: 13.09.2016
Closing date: 13.10.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37