Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Aecon Energy East you will be responsible for the Aecon Energy East Fabrication facilities (Aecon Atlantic, Aecon Industrial Central - Cambridge and Henry Street -Brantford).You will be responsible for ensuring that all client requirements are met through the profitable output of all of the production facilities. Your main role will involve implementing plans and policies to achieve overall corporate objectives of Safety and Quality while maximizing operating results. |
- Member of the Aecon Energy East Management Team
- Develop, direct and monitor short term and long range plans supportive of the overall profit and growth objectives of the Aecon Energy East Business Unit
- Plan, staff and supervise all fabrication activities including personnel administration, performance reviews, defining job functions, roles and responsibilities
- Mentor and confer with operational staff to resolve any operational issues and problems.
- Prepares staff development and succession plans for key management positions
- Maintain a positive financial posture, monitor all project costing, operating results and use of company assets.
- Support the 2016 process improvement initiatives and act on the recommendations
- Develop technological advances towards improving productivity and profitability
- Establish the Cambridge blast and paint facility as an independent profitable business
- Actively work with other Aecon Fabrication businesses (AIW, Mining, etc. )to assess and implement synergies
- Develop and maintain an effective business development program, securing profitable work on a routine basis.
- Provide guidance and direction to direct reports in identifying Market sectors, potential clients and project / product scopes to be sought.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime clients to ensure a positive relationship is developed.
- Ensure that the SBU always maintains a focused approach toward clients and market sectors
- Direct the development of operating procedures, and authorize and approve such procedures for use.
- Approve all major purchases and proposals in accordance with corporate policies.
- Must have the ability to "close" key proposals
- Establish and implement divisional policies, procedures and organizational structure within the boundaries established by the management team and corporate policy.
You will manage the Fabrication Manager's and support them to establish the following:
- Implement the operations short and long term business plans
- Strategically source and align additional fabrication shop capacity on an as required basis
- Manage and provide guidance to direct reports to ensure their goals and objectives are being met
- Prepares staff development and succession plans for key positions
- Work with the operational assigned resources to resolve any project site issues and problems
- Ensure that production KPIs are being met
- Identify additional market sectors, potential clients and project / product scopes to secure additional work
- Identify and present the cost/benefit analysis of any major purchases or facility improvements to the management team
- Maintain positive relationships with both external and internal clients
- Maintain working relationship with union
- Manage and oversight of subcontractors
- Maintain a positive financial position for the division, monitor all project costing, divisional operating results and use of company assets through efficient execution of production
- Participate in closing of key tenders, bids proposals
- Directly oversee the Cambridge Fabrication Manager and Aecon Atlantic Fabrication Manager
- Overall responsible for the fabrication facilities support services i.e. Production Manager, Engineering Manager, etc.
- Indirect oversight of the Quality and Safety personnel assigned to the fabrication facilities
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 10 year's working experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Management experience of direct reports
- Minimum 3 Year Technical or business administration degree or NA degree and certifications preferred. (i.e. NA, MBA)
- Able to adapt to changing requirements
- Must have the ability to handle all matters in a confidential and professional manner.
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer relationship skills.
- Extensive knowledge of financial operations, marketing, estimating and employee relations required.
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.