|Job Ref:||10127||Employer:||Canadian Natural Resources Limited||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Alberta||City:||Fort McMurray||Address:||Post Date:||07/10/2016 01:01|
Reporting to the Mine Training Lead, the Shovel Operations Specialist will support and implement the training goals of Mine Operations, specifically focused on safe, productive, and efficient shovel operations. The role will assist with the development and implementation of training programs to assess, teach and coach shovel operators in all aspects relating to large scale operations focusing on continuous improvement. You will have an overall focus on reaching and sustaining a high level of proficiency of all shovel operators and related activities.
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS -RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND CAMP PROGRAM!
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Perform needs analysis based on current operations and training activities relating to productive shovel operation, as it relates to our oil sands mine and ore body (including technical requirements and ore blending)
• Influence and advise management and various levels of supervision regarding improvements that can contribute to higher levels of safety, efficiency, and production
• Recommend and assist with implementing a training program specializing in shovel operator skills development, production / efficiency analysis, and proficiency relating to shovel operation and pit management
• Focus on programs that allow Canadian Natural to become a safe and reliable low cost producer by increasing the workforce competencies and efficiencies
• Reduce operating costs through education of the workforce and influencing key decisions regarding shovel operation and maintenance practices
• Assist with developing / updating practices and procedures for shovel operations
• Assist with the development of training aids, tools, and processes including printed materials, electronic media and simulation processes
• Conduct ongoing classroom and field training as necessary for shovel operators
• Perform and document initial and periodic competency assessments of shovel operators and provide necessary feedback.
• Mentor shovel operators and develop remedial action plans for anyone who requires further training and mentoring
• Report on potential problem areas and assist in solutions
• Maintain qualifications as needed as it relates to the fleet of equipment in order to fill in as necessary for other equipment training
• Maintain record keeping systems and ensure results are communicated to appropriate management and various departments
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Grade 12 or GED
• Certification in the Alberta Mine Safety Association (AMSA) Supervisor Education program is desirable
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Safe and efficient operation large hydraulic (RH400) and electric shovels (P&H 4100) or similar
To see related Operations roles at CNRL, visit: NA
Our Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.