Requisition ID: |
Bechtel is searching for a Contracts Specialist who will provide contract support to various departments throughout the corporation. This rolewill be part of the information & technology contracts team, which specializes in acquisitions relating to automation hardware and software and related services. The Contract Specialist has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting all phases of the acquisition process to include vendor pre-qualification, bidding, negotiation, and contract formation, award, and administration required in the acquisition of products and technical services.
- Close coordination with product and service providers and with sponsoring Bechtel organizations to ensure performance in accordance with contract terms.
- The primary products being purchased are software packages. Some packages will be in the form of tradition software licenses and some will be in the form of Software as a Service (SaaS) subscriptions.
- The specialist should also be familiar with other agreements such as Non-Disclosure Agreements, Maintenance Agreements and Technical Services Agreements.
- Execute all contracts in compliance with company policy and applicable laws.
- Accurately maintain databases, records and periodic reporting
- Assist in resolution of contract, administrative and logical problems
- Assist in the processing of payments
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years negotiating terms and contracts with outside vendors
- 6+ years of applicable contracting experience
- 3+ years of applicable software-specific contracting experience
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience in moderately complex contract development and negotiation
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices.
- Must be able to legally work and remain in the United States without sponsorship
Shaping tomorrow together
- Excellent orientation toward detailed analysis and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication and proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to plan and track work, follow-through and work in a team-oriented manner
- Knowledge of laws relating to the supply chain such as import/export controls, international privacy laws and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act is preferred.
- Some experience in the Engineering and Construction field is preferred.
- Some Project Management or Project Controls experience would be beneficial.
- Some Business, Legal or Commercial Financial experience would be beneficial.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.