|Job Ref:||204218571||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Inverness||Address:||Post Code:||IV2||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:08|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer|
Location - Inverness
Salary - £Competitive DoE
Cyrus's Client sets the highest standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings.
At present they are looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer based out of their Inverness joint venture office.
Based in Inverness the role will involve developing a close working relationship with Scottish Water Stakeholders across the highlands and Islands while assisting in the development of Capex 1-2 solutions and site support including management of local site based design, construction support and commissioning issues.
Working with the Client's Team you will ensure that cost effective, technically compliant and buildable solutions are designed, approved and handed over to the construction teams in line with programme expectations and in accordance with the Project Delivery Process.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring stakeholder engagement, 3rd Party liaison and compliance with relevant standards and procedures and with appropriate regard to risk to the health and safety of all concerned and ensuring good customer satisfaction.
Where the project scale and complexity allows, you will provide the role of Design Lead or discipline lead on projects.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include;
* Ensure designs are completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
* Ensure a safe working environment for all staff
* Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
* Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
* Agree the design cost budget and monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
* Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
* Organising the work required and documenting it in the Design Management Plan
* Delivering the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
* Coordinating design outputs across all technical disciplines
* Preparing monthly project status reports
* Raising and resolution of technical queries
* Establish working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
To be considered for this role, you will ideally be degree qualified in a relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline and be Chartered or working towards achieving Chartered Status.
It is essential to this role that you have prior Municipal Water Industry Experience within the UK
In addition, you will demonstrate the following Key attributes:
* Experience in multidisciplinary process plant schemes
* Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
* Knowledge and experience of Off-Site construction techniques
* Interest & desire to be innovative
* Excellent oral and written communicator with the ability to work in close partnership with clients and end users.
* Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
In return our client is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a company car/ car allowance.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then please send your cv or apply through our website