|Job Ref:||204319310||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:15|
Civil Engineer |
Location - Edinburgh
Salary -£Competitive DoE
Cyrus's Client sets the highest standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings.
At present they have an opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join the Design Team based in their Edinburgh Office. This is a chance to join a dynamic team providing support in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment and infrastructure projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and company expectations
In addition, you will be responsible for providing support in all areas of Civil Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to water and wastewater treatment facilities and networks in line with the company strategic direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Experience within the water industry with a focus on the design of water and wastewater treatment and network solutions.
• Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
• Undertake initial feasibility, scoping and outline design, and provide ongoing support to Delivery Partners during the detailed design, construction and commissioning of projects within required timescales and agreed budget.
• Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
• Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
• Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
• Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
• Work collaboratively within an integrated team environment to deliver design solutions
• Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
• Liaise with client and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
• Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
• Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
• Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE
• Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
• Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
• Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
• Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
• Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
• Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team - both written and oral
• Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
• Excellent client service focus
• Flexible approach to work
In return our client is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as continuity of work.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then please send your cv or apply through our website