|Job Ref:||204321080||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:10|
Senior Water Network Modeller|
Location - Edinburgh
Salary -£Competitive DoE
Cyrus's Client sets the highest standard for the water and natural resources sector as well as being one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings.
At present they have an opportunity for a Senior Water Network Modeller to join their team in Edinburgh. This is a chance to join a dynamic team providing support in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment and infrastructure projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and company expectations.
As the Senior Water Network Modeller you will be responsible for providing support in water network modelling to deliver project outcomes in line with the Client's strategic direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Technical expertise in water network model build, testing, calibration and solution development using all relevant software.
• Work as part of a team being involved in a variety of projects to help the development of solutions to delivery improvements and enhancements to water networks and infrastructure.
• Support in the technical leadership on projects in terms of developing and managing people and tasks, managing project budgets, scope and risk.
• Actively support, develop, train and provide guidance and line management to staff within the water networks team.
• Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients. Working knowledge of relevant UK hydraulic modelling packages, such as Infoworks, Epanet, or InfoWater.
• Prepare reports, calculations, drawings required to support the successful delivery of projects
• Maintain communication and develop on going contacts with clients as required
• Build relationships with new clients and key stakeholders
• Facilitate the exchange of ideas, concepts and skills throughout the company,
through effective networking of staff, use of intranet etc.
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
• A Chartered member (or equivalent) of a relevant engineering institution
• Experience within the water industry particularly with modelling and solution development using hydraulic modelling packages - particularly InfoWorks.
• Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
• Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
• Experience in Team Leadership and Line Management role, and in the development of staff.
• Strong communication skills at all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team - both written and oral
• Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
• Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively for self and team
In return our client is able to offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as continuity of work.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then please send your cv or apply through our website