|Job Ref:||204423072||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:54|
Network Modellers (Clean and Waste Water)|
Location - Edinburgh
Salary £Competitive DoE
Edgar Stewart's Client, a multi-disciplinary consultancy is a leading provider of professional and field-based support services to the water industry that employs around 850-staff within their UK Water business alone. With extensive experience and an enviable reputation within the water industry, they are one of the principal providers of clean and waste water support services. They work together with all UK water companies and The Environment Agency to deliver cost efficient results through the strategic planning and management of water services.
They work for all the UK water and sewerage companies and most of the water-only companies, providing a wide range of services including Water and Wastewater Network Modelling.
Due to an increase in workload they are seeking Clean and Waste Water Modellers to join their Edinburgh/ and or Glasgow offices.
As a Clean/ Waste Water Network Modeller your responsibilities will include:
• Working within the water industry with a focus on wastewater network solutions
• Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
• Work as part of a team being involved in a variety of projects including model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the model to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to the Wastewater Network.
• Undertake the development of modelled engineering solutions to mitigate the effects of development, to solve sewer flooding and to address unsatisfactory overflows.
• Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
• Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required
You will be degree qualified in Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline and a member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. CIWEM, ICE.
Wastewater Hydraulic Modelling
Experience of modelling sewerage networks using Info-works CS and / or ICM, and the completion of DAPs / SMPs is required.
Water Network Hydraulic Modelling
Experience of model construction, calibration and predictive studies using Info-works WS along with a detailed knowledge of water distribution networks is required.
If you are a recent graduate in Civil Engineering with knowledge of GIS Software packages Our Client is also interested in speaking with you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy who want to invest in their people. You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with industry experience.
To apply for this role please send your CV or apply via the website