|Job Ref:||204626669||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum Car, Pension, Healthcare, Bonus||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
Senior Technical Manager|
Salary - £55k + Car, pension, healthcare and bonus
We are representing a major housebuilder in the UK who has been building new homes for 50 years and is firmly established as a leading developer with a passion for not just building homes, but creating vibrant sustainable communities.
The right Candidate must have real and relevant experience in housing delivery (traditional / timber frame / townhouses / apartments)
Main Purpose of Job
The objective of the Company is to make a profit by acquiring land and planning, designing, constructing and selling dwellings thereon, all in accordance with the operating policies and controls of the Company.
All staff have a responsibility to act at all times to achieve this objective and to contribute towards the maximum efficiency of the Company and in particular, the Senior Technical Manager is required, subject to the direction and authority of the Technical Director / Executive.
Principal Duties or Responsibilities
1. To assist and co-operate with the Land Department in the investigation and acquisition of development sites:
• Ensure that full and accurate technical appraisals, abnormal costings of potential development land are provided within required timescales.
• Ensure that the most cost effective options are physically developing the land are recommended.
• By ensuring that the site can be properly serviced and constructed upon.
• By assisting as requested with strategic land acquisitions and Planning Appeals including strategic technical studies, negotiating with statutory Authorities, instructing Consultants and obtaining/vetting their reports.
• Ensure that within the Technical Department an awareness is maintained of the need for suitable development land to be acquired and that the Company are made aware of all relevant information coming to the attention of the Department's staff which may assist in the identification and securing of sites.
• Be responsible that detailed technical investigation, design, optimisation is secured and that proper liaison is maintained with statutory authorities, and that all necessary documentation and drawings are produced to enable contracts to be let and a site to be developed by the Build Department.
2. Be responsible for the preparation of detailed constructional drawings, the negotiation and securing of technical and statutory approvals to achieve and monitor the optimum timing programmes, including:
• The co-ordination of production of all necessary technical drawings/specialised designs.
• Making recommendations for cost effective optimising during the pre-planning process.
• The negotiation and completion of appropriate legal agreements with statutory Authorities necessary for the proper technical requirements of a site.
• To be responsible for identifying and resolving technical design and constructional problems including:
• Being responsible for collating and providing feed-back to the Group Technical Director in respect of technical design matters on standard house types encountered during construction.
• Maintaining a general awareness of current material and construction research and making recommendations or giving warnings as appropriate.
3. To assist in the supervision and administration of the Group Technical function particularly by:
• Ensuring the proper management of the sections workload including the supervision of the Technical Managers and Assistant and by the employment and supervision of outside Consultants, as approved by the Technical Director / Executive.
• The maintenance and administration of the Company's plan filing and printing system in conjunction with the Planning Manager.
• The budgeting, ordering, stock and cost control of all drafting and plan printing materials and equipment.
• Ensuring all technical work is carried out within the approved budgets.
4. To be responsible for other duties associated with the above, being:
• Maintaining satisfactory working relationships with Local Authority. NHBC and service warranty officers.
• Assisting as required in general public relations and promotion of the good name of the Company with external bodies.
• Assisting in general Company technical design matters including involvement in the production of standard Company drawings as, from time to time, may be directed by the Technical Executive.
• Representing the Company as required by attending meetings where technical issues are to be discussed.
• Maintain Programme dates as set out within the design programme and L3 schedules.
5. Assist at all times in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces, and applying the Company Health & Safety Policy for their own, their colleagues, third parties and the public's benefit.
Individuals must act to minimise danger and report all potential dangers and accidents to their immediate superior or designated Health & Safety Officer.
Qualifications, experience and skills
Minimum of five years' experience at Technical Manager level or equivalent.
Exposure to mix use/commercial schemes.
Experience in concrete steel and traditional masonry build
An excellent understanding of built structure form.
Demonstration of a high level of competency with regard to analytical thinking and problem solving