|Job Ref:||204626751||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum + Package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
Quantity Surveyor - Social Housing Contractor - Permanent - Birmingham- £30k - £40k Basic Plus Package.|
Currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join a growing social housing maintenance contractor based in Birmingham. The role be to work across multiple responsive maintenance contracts within the social housing sector based in Birmingham duties will include pricing sub-contractor works to schedule of rates, monitoring and pricing variations, invoicing clients, authorising sub-contractor payments and maximising profit margins. My client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor that is keen to work for a growing contractor and progress within their career.
The candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
* Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
* Substantial experience in managing and surveying in the construction industry
* To maintain established profit margins
* To price all works in line with current market conditions
* To improve where possible company profits
* To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients requirements
* Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials
* Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract
* Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients
* Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects
* Work to demanding timescales within a successful team
* Build and maintain client relationships
* Preparing scopes and pricing works, SOR coding using NHF or equivalent
My client are a medium sized social housing contractor with 13 offices spread out across the UK and a £100 million turn over. They have a varied portfolio of clients consisting of a number of local authorities as well as housing associations. Down to growth within the business they have a very exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor.
Successful candidates will have experience as a Quantity Surveyor and financial knowledge of construction costs. They will have an understanding of contracts and the tender process and managing packages as well as being adept at using schedule of rates. They will have a BSc or HND (or equivalent) in quantity surveying.
If you require any further information, please feel free to contact me on (Apply online only)