|Job Ref:||204627270||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South East||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
Senior Quantity Surveyor|
Location: South East England
Kier infrastructure is looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor who has a wide knowledge of civil engineering projects, this candidate will work on some of the businesses biggest projects in the South East of England, this role will have a flexible office of Tempsford, Bedfordshire but will require travel.
* Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI's are exceeded
* Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
* Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
* Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts - monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
* Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
* Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
* Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
* Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
* To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
* Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
* Experience within a similar role
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer