|Job Ref:||204627304||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£65000 - £85000/annum + Package & Travel||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
Would you be interested in looking at an opportunity overseas? If so, I am currently working on the following opportunity in mainland Europe for one of my key clients.|
Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000 (per annum)
Benefits: Includes a car allowance, Bonus Scheme, accommodation + travel + flights + living expenses
Length of contract: Either Full time contract or 3 month contract
An £1bn+ turnover international main contractor that specialise in delivering Engineering, Construction and fit out projects in the UK and mainland Europe. Their consistent delivery across geographies makes them the partner of choice for multi-national and local organisation building, refurbishing or fitting out their spaces. They are known for an innovative approach, commitment to a more sustainable future and also for employing the most talented and collaborative people.
Project and Duties
The project is under a NDA therefore I am unable to give too much information in this email.
What I can say is you will be working on a £200m+ scheme for a major blue chip client that are expanding their network of offices into Europe. I will happily talk through the scheme in more detail over the phone should you be interested.
• To take active responsibility for all financial procedures in conjunction with the Senior Commercial Manager and Campus Commercial Manager
• To suggest trade contractors, systems and manufacturers for team appraisal.
• To take a lead role in the valuation process
• Advise client on procurement routes available
• Prepare final account reconciliation (CVR), create regular budget and price updates, update computerised cost control system and prepare the monthly cost and progress report for Interior directors responsible
• Provide feedback to trade contractors on completion
• Internal reporting via billing monitors, MCR's and interim CVR's
• CSA Commercial Management experience (Civil/Structural/Architectural)
• Mechanical & Electrical experience
• Recognised qualification in a building related subject
• Previous experience of successfully carrying out the Commercial Management role on a large project, £8m + and its delivery within the time and budget constraints to a high quality.
• Preferably previous experience of construction work on existing buildings.
• Recent experience with tender bid issue, review and analysis procedures, Works Contract preparation, cost reporting and valuation procedures.
• Good all round fabric and services package experience.
• Relationship with Colleagues
• Acts as the lynch pin with the day to day running of the project in terms of procurement and financial control and as a result must be an effective communicator.
• Takes on role of mentor to ACM and support staff.
• Acts as the key co-ordinator with the professional team and Works Contractors in respect to the valuation process.
Get in Touch
If the company or their current/future projects have intrigued you just a little, please feel free to get in touch with me and I would be more than happy to give you more information and details about the roles in question; If you are interested in this role then please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to Max Chantreau or call on (Apply online only). Alternatively, if you read this and didn't think it would be of interest, feel free to get in touch if you would like to know more about alternative market opportunities, we are never short of them