|Job Ref:||204623994||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:54|
Estate Maintenance Worker (Shift) - London|
Where can you bring structures to life?
We are looking for an on-site Estate Maintenance Worker to join our facilities management team in London on our Barts & Royal London Hospital contract. This is a 6 months fixed term position. You will be responsible for undertaking planned preventative maintenance, testing, repairs and new installation work covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with the running of a large hospital.
The post holder shall perform Competent Person duties for which they are suitably experienced, trained or qualified and appointed.
* Support the Estates Management in the provision of a 24hr maintenance Service within St Bart's Hospital.
* Work safely on ELV/LV and generated electrical systems in accordance with all statutory electrical regulations and health and safety legislation and regulations as appointed Competent Person (LV) for SFS.
* Take responsibility for the maintenance of hospital equipment, plant, services and systems including undertake inspection and testing of electrical and mechanical equipment and installations (including portable appliances)
* Boiler & Pressure Systems
* Medical Gas
* Confined Spaces
* Have responsibility for the maintenance of all aspects of mechanical systems including HVAC plant, washroom services, sterilisers, bedpan macerators / washers, disinfectors and other mechanical equipment ancillary plant and systems.
* Diagnose faults and repair within the PMS time periods a variety of electrical and mechanical complex equipment in accordance with Health Technical memorandums (HTM's) and Health Building Notifications (HBN)
We're looking for
* BTEC/HNC or City & Guilds Craft certificate or equivalent (NVQ3)
* Certificate in 17th Edition IEE Regulation (Current) or Mechanical Equivalent
* As defined by the latest edition of The Electrical Safety Code for Low Voltage Systems for Competent Person (LV).
* Good knowledge of H&S Legislation and some knowledge of COSHH
* Experience of working on specialist hospital equipment
Our facilities management team provides solutions to a wide range of both private and public sector clients. Working together to deliver outstanding results for customers and communities, our work covers all areas of facilities services from project management and compliance to assets, estates and energy management.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA