|Job Ref:||204623995||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:54|
Where can you bring structures to life?|
We are looking for an on-site Team Leader to join our facilities management team in London on our London Royal Hospital contract.
To lead a team working shifts and providing a high level of technical expertise coupled with good supervisory skills. To supervise planned preventative maintenance, testing, repairs and new installation work covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with a large hospital.
The post holder shall perform AP duties for which they are suitably experienced, trained or qualified and appointed.
* To comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including Health and Safety legislation and in accordance with Health Technical Memorandums (HTM) and Health Building Notifications (HBN)
* To ensure that the shift team undertake all planned work allocated to them in the most effective and efficient manner by managing and controlling manpower and resources/materials on a day-to-day basis. This will include Consult with Client & building users to ensure minimum inconvenience/disruption whilst maintenance work is in progress or planned to be carried out
* To manage specialist sub contractors whilst on site ensuring that they comply with Skanska rules and regulations e.g. Undertaken induction, wear appropriate PPE, have good quality risk assessments and method statements, working safely whilst on site etc. including being responsible for the issuing of permits (as required) and final "sign off" of work after ensuring that it has been undertaken to a suitable standard
* To take on role of Authorised Person where required after carrying out necessary training e.g. AP (Boiler & Pressure Systems), AP (Medical Gas), AP (HV/LV), AP (Confined Spaces)
* To assist with the estimating for maintenance and new work when required and to carry out installations for new work or alterations in compliance with applicable regulations
We're looking for
* Educated to graduate, professional level
* A recognised apprenticeship
* Certificate in 17th Edition IEE Regulation (Current)
* Approved Person for one or more of the following
* As defined by the latest edition of The Electrical Safety Code for Low Voltage Systems for Approved Person (LV/HV).
* Authorised Person (Boiler & Pressure Systems)
* Authorised Persons (Medical Gas)
* Authorised Person (HV LV)
* Authorised Person (Confined Spaces)
* Recognised qualification in 'Health and Safety Commission Approved Code of Practice and Guidance for Legionella Control.' (L8)
* Recognised management qualification
* Good knowledge of H&S Legislation and some knowledge of COSHH
* Basic computer skills
* Experience of building maintenance and systems
* Experience of working in a hospital environment and equipment
* Knowledge of hospital specifics (HTM's)
* Knowledge of hospital Health Building Notifications (HBN)
Our facilities management team provides solutions to a wide range of both private and public sector clients. Working together to deliver outstanding results for customers and communities, our work covers all areas of facilities services from project management and compliance to assets, estates and energy management.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Build for a better future: (url removed)/careers
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA