|Job Ref:||204624057||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Car, Pension, Medical||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:21|
A respected chartered quantity surveying consultancy established for 30 years, are seeking a senior quantity surveyor to join their quaint London office to work on a range of prestigious new build projects across Residential, Education, Leisure, Healthcare and Commercial sectors. Projects valuing between £0.5 million and £100 million and a range of clients from developers, to private blue chip clients across retail and commercial as well as local authority work including government building and social housing. An extremely diverse mix of projects to ensure every day is enjoyable and interesting.
Offices are located a short walk from Charing Cross station in a quiet residential street, set back from the main thoroughfare, a peaceful environment within the busy city scape, yet still only a short walk from the hustle and bustle and local amenities.
This is a rare opportunity to work on unique and intricate projects in a superb location. Clear routes for progression to director for a proactive quantity surveyor.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be running projects throughout London and will be established as part of a thriving Quantity Surveying team in a supportive company. Projects include, luxury residential developments in particular a new build comprising 3 flats and one penthouse apartment on the river, valued at £30 million. Also work on schools and universities, mixed use leisure facilities, laboratories and private hospitals. An example of the requirements for one of these mixed use leisure developments include: Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, gym space, consultation rooms, sports laboratories, communal areas, and outer landscape design and hospitality space.
* Performing risk, value management and cost control
* Sit in on weekly project reviews with Contracts Director as required
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
* Work closely with Contracts Management team
* Submission & Negotiation of Final Accounts
* Validating Subcontractor Applications
* Prepare estimates and bills of quantities
* Attend de-brief meetings at end of Projects
* Set examples and aid development of junior quantity surveyors
The successful Senior Quantity Surveyor will have:
* MRICS or close to MRICS
* 4 years + post graduate experience working in a similar consultancy environment
* Keen negotiation skills
* Ability to problem solve
* Leadership potential with high standards and a strong ethos for supporting junior team members
* You will be able to commute to London and comfortable traveling across the UK to various sites and meetings.
* A committed and confident QS
This is rare opportunity to gain a role with an expanding, quantity surveying consultancy with clear routes to directorship within 24 months.
* £50,000 - £60,000+ basic salary (DOE)
* Private medical care
* Life assurance
* Company pension
* Share incentive scheme
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for Intermediate and Senior Quantity Surveyors in London.
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Elisha Riddett at Brandon James.
Ref: # 1128
London / Quantity Surveyor/ Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Charing Cross /MRICS/ Commercial Manager