|Job Ref:||204624079||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Goole||Address:||Post Code:||DN14||Salary:||£40000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:15|
Estimator - Civil Engineering - Goole|
Our client is in growth phase within their construction division who work on civil engineering and rail related works.
They are actively engaged with Clients which has resulted in an increase in tenders and the requirement for a full time Estimating resource, who will have the focus to ensure bids are competitive in price with support from a developing supply chain.
As Estimator you will take the lead in our bids with support as required to ensure the bid meets and exceeds the requirements expected of by the client.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Undertaking 'bottom up' estimates for tenders as both sub contract and principal contractor.
* Assistance with preparation of BOQ and procurement schedules as part of the estimating phase in anticipation of securing the execution phase.
* Preparation and costing Risk Registers as required by the submission
* Interfacing with the various internal approval bodies (ATC process) to ensure that tender submission deadlines are met.
* Working with the Head of Construction in establishing a Subcontractor supply chain to ensure receive competitive pricing for our tender bids
* As bid manager monitoring and delivering estimating work within the sanctioned Bid Costs
* To have a thorough understanding of market rates and prices for civil work as well as current contractual knowledge
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to develop and implement written procedures and processes
* Establishing and implementing estimating processes within a developing Business
* Estimating individual packages of work ranging from £250k - £5million.
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business