|Job Ref:||204625103||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£18000 - £20000/annum 6 months discretionary bonus||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:21|
My client is family-run construction company based in oxford with over 20 years industry experience. |
Due to expansion and growth the are currently looking for another junior estimator to join their office team based in Cowley, Oxford. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and evolving industrial construction team, where you will be working alongside an existing team of office estimators.
My client specialise in a number of industry sectors such as commercial, design and build, roofing and residential plus other sectors. They have recently branched out their services into surveying.
Reasons to join this company:
You will receive excellent in house training by the senior estimator, very good career progression, well established growing company and a competitive salary + benefits is on offer.
The Estimator will come from a construction back ground and will have completed their degree or college course. For this job role the Estimator will need:
* Good communication skills and timekeeping
* Previous knowledge of building materials an advantage but not essential
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
* Hard working and driven
* Good IT Skills
Role Responsibilities : (the successful estimator office based and also required to do occasional site visits)
* Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
* Performing risk, value management and cost control
* Advising on procurement strategy
* Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders
* Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use, plus other duties as required.
The interview will consist of a 2 stage process.
If you would like to be considered for an interview. Please send your CV to email address given, or call Daniel on (Apply online only) op3