|Job Ref:||204625358||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Lothian||City:||Livingston||Address:||Post Code:||EH54||Salary:||£20 - £22/hour||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
Setting Out Engineer Required in West Lothian|
We have a fantastic opportunity for a setting out engineer to work in West Lothian with a busy sub- contractor. Immediate start available with competitive rates of pay. Permanent work for the right candidate.
The core aspects of the role will involve:
• acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
• setting out, levelling and surveying the site; checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations; ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications; overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant;
• managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or archi-tect; liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
• liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws; communicating with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
• planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed dead-lines; overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site; preparing reports as required; resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
As a setting out engineer you will have a HNC/HND in a construction-related or engineering discipline, previous site experience and able to work in the Edinburgh/ West Lothian area. We also require two checkable references.
We require the candidate to start as soon as possible.
This role is for a minimum of 8 weeks with a view for the right candidate to join the client on a permanent basis. The hours of work will be between 8am -4.30pm. You will be required to work Monday - Friday. A works vehicle will be provided so a driving license is essential.
The client works alongside major house builders as well a well known supermarket chain, with various sites throughout Scotland so this is a prime opportunity as they have a guaranteed pipeline of work.
To apply for this West Lothian based setting out engineer role please call Primestaff on (Apply online only)
Primestaff ltd is a recruitment agency action on behalf of our client