|Job Ref:||204625434||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Negotiable||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
Our client is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join their industry recognised construction business. On offer is an excellent salary and package and the opportunity to thrive inside a successful business and work on some prestigious projects.|
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Qualified or working towards a HND/HNC or similar in Quantity Surveying
* Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
* Literate and Numerate
* Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
* Ability to work to deadlines
Quantity Surveyor Key Responsibilities:
* Support the project team in all commercial matters
* Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping
* Ensure timely submission of valuations
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
* Identify additional entitlement under the contract including the monitoring of daily records
* Delegate commercial activities to other members of the team as appropriate
* Ensure that good records are kept in order that the full entitlement under the contract is achieved
* Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
* Preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
* Procurement and management of subcontract packages.
* Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
* Assist with preparation of contractual claims.
* Measure and assess the work undertaken and then submit detailed, accurate and timely applications
Please apply if you are interested to be considered for this position and we will review your CV. Please be aware that only candidates with the relevant experience and skill set will be contacted