|Job Ref:||204625480||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harrow||Address:||Post Code:||HA1||Salary:||£38000 - £44000/annum Benifits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
JOB DESCRIPTION |
JOB TITLE: Installation Manager
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To proactively manage the timely, efficient and professional progress of CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Aerial/Satellite, Gate/Barrier, Automated Doors and Home Automation installations in accordance with customer agreed completion dates and job margin criteria, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
To build and maintain professional working relationships with our customers, delivering excellent standards of customer service at all times.
2. POSITION IN ORGANISATION
The Installation Manager will report directly to the Operations Director.
3. SCOPE OF JOB
* To contribute to quality and continuous improvement across projects
* Assess resource requirements needed to carry out project implementation
* Provide input into plans for engineering and commissioning activities and ensure resource is scheduled when required
* Initiate change control to ensure that management is aware of all possible changes in project scope or budgeted expenditure. Variation paperwork to be completed and passed for authorisation in a timely manner.
* Providing regular feedback (written and verbal) to the Operations Director on all projects under his control.
* The provision of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (Generic and site specific where required) for all Installations ensuring that all aspects of the company Health and Safety Policy are met.
* Manage projects to time, budget and customer satisfaction.
* Re-engineering of both products and system design wherever possible to maximise installation margin
* Re-engineering of systems to meet our contractual obligations where specification errors are identified after receipt of a customer order
* Survey of customer sites and attendance to pre-contract meetings (on an as required basis) to ensure that the full scope of installation works are identified and any problems are overcome at an early stage.
* Providing technical assistance and training to installation engineers and sub-contractors where required.
* Day to day management of Installation Supervisors, installation engineers or sub-contractors as required, including site liaison and planning.
* System commissioning including customer handover. The completion and recording of Quality checks on QMF35 (or subsequent amendments) for all installation works to ensure that company standards are maintained. All quality issues to be recorded in the feedback system.
* Ensure that job completion paperwork is promptly returned to the admin team (commissioning forms, signed customer handover & photos).
* The recruitment of installation engineers and sub-contractors to ensure that sufficient levels of resource are available to meet the demands of the business
* Working closely with our customers to ensure a professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
* Providing Schematic Layouts for Installations where required.
* Provide a monthly installation forecast and achievement with any deviations explained.
* Work with the MD, Operations Director, Technical Estimator and sales team to ensure our price per point matrix accurately reflects the time to carry out various installation tasks and maintain competitive pricing in the marketplace.
* Tech Review of installation quotations if the technical estimator is not available.
* Produce Project Documentation including O & M Manuals
* Sales Lead Generation
4. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / ACCOUNTABILITY
* To ensure that all projects are carried out;
o In line with the required specification.
o Within the agreed timescale.
o To an acceptable standard of quality.
o Cost Control, maximising profit margins against budgeted cost
o With excellent standards of Customer Service
o In compliance with the company Health and Safety requirements, British Standards and Legislation
5. KEY INTERFACES
Operations admin, Sales team, Technical Estimator and Stores department.
* External Businesses:
Liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors regarding product identification, delivery, and quality.
* Professional organisations:
Providing technical information and test results as may be required by the NICEIC or as per client request.
* Residents / Customers:
Daily communication with clients at all levels in order to provide regular and accurate feedback re project progress