|Job Ref:||204626345||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
Managing Quantity Surveyor|
Now Careers are seeking a Managing Surveyor for a Regional Main Contractor. With a national presence, they have a reputation in delivering high quality schemes ranging from £500k to £10Million in value. The company carry out work across all sectors; however, their reputation is strong in the sectors of Student accommodation and Industrial / Commercial.
This position is office based with regular site visits/management. This company offers an impressive salary and benefits and has a strong forward order book; the business is well respected and has proven sustainable success.
• Management of 3-4 sites
• Advise senior management on commercial and contractual position under main contract
• Letting of all Sub-Contract and Supplier packages
• Lead on the administration of subcontract agreements
• Lead on the resolution of disputes above an agreed level
• Authorise subcontract payments
• Administer the subcontract procurement process
• Final account settlement
• Management of Monthly Financial reporting
• Costing and control of preliminaries
The Managing Surveyor will lead post-contract commercial teams over multiple projects, and to optimise projects' net profitability and cash performance.
• Build background
• A good leader who remains calm under pressure
• Having strong commercial awareness and a focus on results
• Having deep technical, legal and commercial knowledge
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Significant supervisory experience
• Able to maintain a high level of work quality against cost restraints
• Proven track record on all forms of procurement