|Job Ref:||204626361||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Reading||Address:||Post Code:||RG2||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum Company car + attractive benefits pa||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
Health & Safety Advisor - Renowned Construction Group - Berkshire|
Salary: Circa £45K - £50K + company car + very attractive benefits package
This well-established and successful construction group has an immediate requirement for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join their team. They are a large and very successful privately owned contractor, offering specialist construction services to clients in both the private and public sector.
The ideal Health and safety advisor for this role will have a strong background in construction, working with a multi-site/multi-discipline organisation. You must be a good communicator, knowledgeable, reliable, dependable and organised.
When not on site, you will spend time in their regional office in Berkshire, and will report to the Health & Safety Director. This is a support role, with some auditing, as 'scored' site safety inspections are completed by their independent Safety Consultants.
In return, they are offering an above the market salary, a very attractive benefits package and the chance of career progression, as all their staff are supported by their career development plans and encouraged to be the best they can be.
Key Duties and responsibilities of the candidate:
* Work autonomously and use own initiative
* Prepare, develop and deliver training, internally, to staff
* Carry out site toolbox talks
* Carry out fixed premises inspections/audits
* Conduct noise surveys, light surveys and assessments
* Undertake audits/inspections to support OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 accredited management systems
* Produce reports for management meetings/investigations
* Actively participate in Working Well Together and local safety groups
* A member of IOSH (or working towards)
* FPA Fire Risk Assessor
* A61 Appointed person - lifting/crane/tower crane/MEWP experience
* A minimum of NEBOSH/NVQ 4
* City & Guilds Trainer
* CSCS Health & Safety Manager
* Previous experience within construction, demolition and civil engineering
* Previous experience of environmental/waste issues
* IEMA membership
* Knowledge of Consider Constructors Scheme
* Temporary Works experience
If you would like to apply for this Health and Safety Advisor role please email your updated CV or call me on NA