|Job Ref:||204629034||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rugby||Address:||Post Code:||CV21||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Good holiday allowance + Access to c||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:50|
Mechanical / Structural Design Engineer - This is an expansion position with a well-established and growing Northampton based manufacturer. We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer, who also has experience of Structural Design Engineering to work in the entertainment / exhibition / conference & sporting events industries.|
SALARY: Up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Good holiday allowance + Access to company pension scheme + Mobile / Laptop as required.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Rugby; Lutterworth; Leicester; Hinckley; Nuneaton; Coventry; Leamington Spa; Banbury; Bicester; Milton Keynes; Bedford; Wellingborough; Kettering; Market Harborough;
* We work with clients across a wide range of markets such as Entertainment, Exhibitions and Corporate Events to provide support, consultancy and solutions to the challenges of suspending, elevating and moving equipment or people.
* You will be working from the office (with occasional visits to client sites across the UK and beyond) utilising AutoCAD to design and dimension fabrication drawings on projects based on a client`s specifications.
* You will work with a client throughout the life-cycle of the project - from initial enquiry through to completion.
* Working closely with the Lead Design Engineer, you will develop your skills and take on responsibilities from them as the role evolves.
REQUIREMENTS - Mechanical / Structural Design Engineer
To succeed in your application:
* You must be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with some sort of Mechanical Engineering qualification (ONC / HNC etc.)
* You must have exposure (whether through education or work experience) and an appreciation of some aspects of structural engineering.
* You will ideally have experience of AutoCAD (or preferably AutoCAD Inventor.) Experience of other software packages may also be considered if those skills are transferrable.
This role will develop to suit the skills of the individual. We are also a growing company with a track record of promoting talent internally.
Established over 20 years ago, we are a financially strong, profitable and growing business with some exceptional high profile clients on the global events stage.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Design Engineer; AutoCAD specialist; Solidworks Designer; AutoCAD Inventor Engineer; Structural Engineer; Structural Design Engineer Products: Rigging; Lifts; Cranes; Suspensions; Elevating Equipment; Entertainment; Theatre; Corporate Events; Exhibitions; Conferences
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Mechanical Design Engineer / Structural Design Engineer reference SP1609-24 to DD: +44 (0)(Apply online only) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) (Apply online only). Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based