|Job Ref:||204629821||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:50|
A superb opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, they have helped to shape the world around us and today they are at the forefront of the construction industry, with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, their focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in. Their involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures their employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.|
They are currently recruiting for an Estimator to be based on projects in the Bristol / Western region. This is a great opportunity to join a new unit of a highly successful residential contracting organisation:
* Initial Appraisal of a tender opportunity, provide an overview of the project documents to the board for approval to submit a tender.
* Coordinate the measure of the project with the estimating team in order to meet the tender deadline.
* Identify risks and record on a tender risk register.
* Support the Bid Team to achieve the deadlines set
* Conduct site visits
* Ensure risks and opportunities are identified
* Organise and delegate tender elements so that the tender can be collated by the Bid Coordinator
* Compile Sub contract enquiries for issue electronically. Source subcontractors and suppliers capable of carrying the works specific to the project, size, complexity, Location.
* Attend tender design review meetings in order to ensure the bid team achieve the most economically advantageous bid.
* Price draft preliminaries where required in line with the tender programme and the assigned project manager for the tender.
* Price the measured Bills of Quantities for the scheme
* Present the financial elements for the tender Adjudication meeting
* Value engineering - provide advice and costs associated with value engineering proposals for the scheme
* Provide input in post tender queries / negotiations
* Present the tender financially in the format provided by the client
* Initial Appraisal of documents issued for Land Bid opportunity
* Assessing build costs, technical constraints, planning advice, sales values, programme, specification
* Develop appraisal to establish scheme viability
Experience and Qualifications:
Essential criteria includes:
* Degree / or professional body membership
* Demonstrate the use of first principles estimating
* Experience of two stage tenders
* Land Bids
* Cost planning
* Computer literacy
* Strong commitment to achieving deadlines
* Positive attitude towards teamwork
If you are a proven estimator, looking to join a market leader, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earlest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency