|Job Ref:||204629917||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:50|
A superb opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, they have helped to shape the world around us and today they are at the forefront of the construction industry, with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, their focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in. Their involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures their employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.|
They are currently recruiting for a project manager to be based on projects in the Bristol / Western region. This is a great opportunity to join a new unit of a highly successful residential contracting organisation:
* To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve both plot and project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
* Monitor that the Buying team and Surveying department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
* Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
* Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
* Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
* Train and develop subordinates to meet current and assessed future requirements.
* 100% compliance with current NHBC standards.
* Achieve 75% overall satisfaction levels on the completed Customer satisfaction survey questionnaire.
* Establish that staff training and development has occurred as plan at annual appraisal and appraisal review stages.
* Achieve maximum marks on the twice monthly Health and Safety audit.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Applicants must have significant experience of working on mixed use residential and housing projects as well as in the management of H & S, and the design and procurement processes.
* Applicants must have experience of managing all aspects of the build process; the applicant will be required to coordinate the packages from the design and procurement phase through to installation on site and handover.
* Trade experience and site experience preferable
* Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
* CSCS Card at Site Manager level
* Valid SMSTS certificate
* Valid First Aid at Work certificate
* NVQ Level 3-4, BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
* Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate
* Valid LOLER certificate
* Qualified to the required CIOB Grade applicable at the time in accordance with Group policy
* Applicants must be computer literate, especially in MS Word, and it would be desirable to have a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Asta Teamplan or Power Project
If you are a proven project manager, looking to join a market leader, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earlest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency